Baseball and peanuts. Burgers and fries. Texas and trucks. If there’s one thing that Texas is arguably known for the most, it’s trucks. That’s why it’s so significant that the Ford F-150 was named Truck of Texas by the Texas Auto Writers Association (TAWA).
The F-150 was given the nigh-three-foot-tall award after the annual Truck Rodeo in October, into which a total of 48 vehicles were entered and evaluated by 57 registered TAWA members. The trophy will now travel to Ford’s Kansas City Assembly Plant in Missouri, where the F-150 comes to life.
Ford also took home additional awards in the categories for trucks, crossovers, and SUVs, including:
- Truck Line of Texas: Ford Motor Company
- CUV of Texas: 2012 Ford Edge
- Heavy-Duty Pickup Truck: 2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Duty
- Luxury Pickup Truck: 2012 Ford F-150 Platinum EcoBoost
- Full-Size Pickup Truck: 2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
- Mid-Size CUV: 2012 Ford Edge Limited
- Outstanding Feature: Ford EcoBoost Engine Technology
The Motrolix Take
More good news for a good, best-in-class product. Built Ford Tough? You betya.