In the beginning of October, Ford’s luxury arm Lincoln unveiled a new ad campaign. Entitled “Luxury Uncovered”, the new campaign centers around the MKZ and MKZ Hybrid and will air on programs such as “The Amazing Race,” college and pro football as well as on shows on HGTV, History Channel, Bravo, Travel Channel and more.
The three ads accompanying the launch of the campaign feature several couples in interview-style settings with the MKZ and its most direct competitor — the Lexus ES — as the couples ask both vehicles a series of questions about features, options, and equipment. The questions include:
- Which of you offers inflatable rear safety belts?
- Which of you has the more powerful engine?
- Do either of you have a starting price exactly the same as your gas model?Standard adaptive suspension… anyone offer it standard?
- Which of you is the most fuel-efficient luxury hybrid in America?
- Which of you offers the largest retractable panoramic roof?
Since the Lexus can’t answer any of those questions in a positive manner, it makes some silly comments such as, “I’m Shiny” and “Gotta Go”. Watch the ads just below.
Introducing #LuxuryUncovered: 2014 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Introducing #LuxuryUncovered: 2014 Lincoln MKZ