Despite a 4.2 percent sales drop during the last month of the year, Ford Motor Company had a tremendous 2013 in Canada. Not only did the automaker sell 283,588 units in all of 2013 for a 2.7 percent year-over-year growth, but its sales results make it Canada’s best-selling automotive manufacturer for the fourth consecutive year while also marking its best year of sales since 1997. FoMoCo’s success in Canada during 2013 is similar to that in the U.S., where The Blue Oval was the best-selling auto brand in 2013.
The 283,588 units sold during the year were made up of 68,341 cars, up 0.3 percent year-over-year, as well as 215,247 trucks, up 3.5 percent year-over-year.
2013 highlights (vs. 2012):
- Ford F-Series is the best-selling pickup in Canada for the 48th consecutive year
- Ford F-Series is the best-selling vehicle in Canada for the fourth consecutive year
- Full year Ford Fusion sales were the best on record
- Full year Ford Escape sales were the best on record
- Full year Ford F-Series sales were the best on record
- Total truck sales rose 4 percent
- Overall sales increased 3 percent
“The great news for consumers is that 2014 will be another very competitive year in the industry and we look forward to introducing our fantastic new products,” said Dianne Craig, president and CEO, Ford Motor Company of Canada, Ltd. “From the 50th anniversary of the Mustang to the release of the 2015 Lincoln MKC, we will be building on last year’s success for an exciting 2014.”