Audi dealers in the United States sold 10,101 new Audis during the month of January, representing a 0.4 percent year-over-year increase.
“Starting off 2014 with a new January sales record is a noteworthy accomplishment as it follows the biggest month and the biggest year in Audi history,” said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “With the launch of the all-new Audi A3 family this spring and the continued success of our SUVs and TDI models, we anticipate continued success throughout this year.”
January’s sales results are Audi’s 37th consecutive month of record sales, making it the longest-running monthly record streak in the premium car market.
January sales highlights:
- Sales mix for Audi S performance variants finished the month at 14.9 percent for the S4 sedan; 36.9 percent for the S5/ RS 5; 4.9 percent for the S6; 29.3 percent for the S7 / RS 7; 15.4 percent for the S8; 31.9 percent for the TTS / TT RS and TTS Roadster, and 9.7 percent for the SQ5 crossover.
- Sales of A6 increased to 17.6 percent compared to January 2013.
- Sales of the Audi Q5 increased 18.3 percent compared to January 2013.
- Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 42.6 percent compared to January 2013.
- Sales of the Audi R8 increase 65.3 percent compared to January 2013.
- Sales mix for Audi A6 TDI finished the month at 13.8 percent to 205 vehicles sold, for the Audi A7 TDI at 11.2 percent to 70 vehicles, for the A8 TDI to 13.1 percent to 44 vehicles, the Audi Q5 TDI at 17.4 percent to 483 vehicles, and for the Audi Q7 TDI at 22.9 percent to 291 vehicles; with an overall increase of 16.9 percent to 1,093 total TDI sales for January.
- Audi Certified pre-owned sales increased 11.2 percent to 3,161 vehicles in January.
- The Audi A3 is being phased out in advance of the all-new A3 sedan arriving in the U.S. market this spring.
- Audi holds the longest running monthly record sales streak in the premium car market according to a completive sales report from MotorIntelligence.com.
January 2014 - USA - Audi
|MODEL||YOY MONTHLY CHANGE||2014||2013||YOY YTD CHANGE||YTD 2014||YTD 2013|