Another Tesla Model S has caught fire, this time in the garage of a home in Toronto.
The owner parked the car in the garage after driving it and heard the fire alarm going off moments later. According to Jalopnik, the fire was “intense” and firefighters had to remove a Lexus from the garage as well.
A Tesla spokeswoman told Bloomberg they are investigating the incident, though they do not believe the source of the fire was from the car or its charging components.
“The Model S continues to have the best safety track record of any vehicle in the world,” Tesla said in a statement. “In this particular case, we don’t yet know the precise cause, but have definitively determined that it did not originate in the battery, the charging system, the adapter or the electrical receptacle, as these components were untouched by the fire.”
Tesla apparently offered to pay for any damage the fire may have caused, but the homeowner declined.