Volkswagen dealers delivered 36,717 vehicles in March 2014, a 2.62 percent drop on a year-over-year basis.
“We continue to see steady demand for our TDI Clean Diesels as well as our core vehicles,” said Mark McNabb, chief operating officer, Volkswagen of America. “With the Spring selling season upon us, we expect to see more stability ahead as we lay the groundwork for the launch of the all-new Golf coming later this summer.”
March sales highlights (vs. March 2013):
- Jetta Sedan deliveries totaled 13,687 units for the month, up 6.3 percent compared to the prior year. Total Jetta deliveries (including SportWagen) for March were 15,692 units. The refreshed 2015 Jetta Sedan was unveiled just last week at the New York International Auto Show.
- Passat deliveries totaled 11,050 units for the month, marking the best March for the vehicle.
- Tiguan deliveries totaled 2,315 units for the month.
- TDI Clean Diesel models accounted for 26.6 percent of sales, the best March on record. Notably, Passat TDI sales were 4,549 units, representing 41.2 percent of the nameplate’s sales, making the best March and best year-to-date ever.
- VW is preparing to launch one of its most anticipated and vital vehicles this summer — the all-new VW Golf. Sales of the current-generation were 1,989 units, and the much anticipated all-new model will go on sale later this summer.
March 2014 - USA - Volkswagen
|MODEL||YOY MONTHLY CHANGE||MAR 2014||MAR 2013||YOY YTD CHANGE||YTD 2014||YTD 2013|
|TOTAL GOLF/GTI/GOLF R||-30.31||1,989||2,854||-37.23||5,350||8,523|