Audi To Host, Live Stream “Collaborative Spectacle” Celebrating Uncompromised Nature Of New A30
Since launching the 2015 A3 sedan, Audi has been touting the “uncompromised” nature of its new compact. And now, the German luxury car brand plans to play even further off that theme with a new first-of-its-kind event.
Starting April 30th, Audi invites fans and enthusiasts to submit their personal stories of creativity, ingenuity and courage on Twitter, Instagram or any other social media platform by using the hashtag #PaidMyDues. From here, the most inspiring stories that fit with the theme — to celebrate the A3’s uncompromised image — will be “reimagined” by the diverse group of creators at an event with several creative personas, which will be live-streamed.
“Many people have overcome insurmountable odds to reach the top of their game,” said Loren Angelo, Director of Marketing, Audi of America. “This event will recognize those unsung heroes that embody the dauntless spirit of what it means to pay their dues and succeed, just as the all-new A3 refuses to compromise on top-level performance and luxury.”
The group of 15 creators will set up in Hangar 8 of the Santa Monica Airport, providing with a unique indoor and outdoor setting that allows them to respond in real-time to consumers who “will be recognized for their willingness to “pay their dues” to attain success.” The webcast will be hosted by comedian and television host Nikki Glaser from 14:00 – 20:00 ET on May 7th at audiusa.com/paidmydues, and the group’s creations will be auctioned off for charity through eBay Giving Works upon conclusion of the event.
The event is part of the “Dues” advertising campaign that Audi debuted in March to support the launch of the all-new A3 sedan. The creative personas for the #PaidMyDues campaign include:
- Money Mark – songwriter, musician, and producer
- Oddisee – freestyle rapper and producer
- Ben Landis – electronic chiptune songwriter
- Upright Citizens Brigade Touring Company – improvisation and stand-up comedy troupe
- MADSTEEZ – graffiti artist
- Church of Type – hand-carved letterpress illustrators
- Red Medicine – award-winning chef Jordan Kahn
- Jim Mahfood – comic book creator and artist
- Sumi Ink Club – pen & ink collaborative art collective
- Gui Marcondes – filmmaker and director
- Oh Yeah Wow – animators and filmmakers
- MachineHistories – engineering and technology creators
- Lisa Hanawalt – illustrator and comic artist
- Alex Turvey – designer, filmmaker, and one of London’s top fashion creatives
- Dam-Funk – modern soul and electro-funk DJ
To submit a story of ingenuity, share a photo, video, or text with the hashtag #PaidMyDues on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Vine or Google+. Audi will aggregate the stories on audiusa.com/paidmydues.
Here’s a preview of the event: