Ford Motor Company U.S. Sales Down 1 Percent To 211,126 Units In April 2014: By The Numbers0
Ford Motor Company dealerships delivered 211,126 vehicles in April 2014, a decrease of 1 percent on a year-over-year basis.
Retail sales were down 1 percent to 141,950 vehicles, commercial sales were up 16 percent, government fleet sales were up 21 percent, and daily rental sales dropped 24 percent.
“F-Series and Explorer showed considerable strength in April, posting their best results in almost a decade,” said John Felice, Ford vice president, U.S. marketing, sales and service. “We also saw another breakout month for Fusion, with continued strength in the Western region. Overall, industry sales continued the rebound from January and February and are on a path of steady growth.”
April sales highlights (vs. April 2014):
- F-Series sales totaled 63,387 vehicles — making for the truck’s best April since 2006. EcoBoost continues to play a big role in F-150 sales, comprising 42 percent of the truck’s overall retail engine mix. Combined, Ford’s V6 engines — the 3.5-liter EcoBoost and the 3.7-liter Duratec — represented 55 percent of F-150 sales in April.
- Explorer had its best April sales performance since 2005 with 16,629 vehicles sold — up 17 percent.
- All Ford cars, including the Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, Taurus, and Mustang, posted sales decreases on a year-over-year basis.
- All Ford trucks, including F-Series, E-Series, Transit Connect, and Heavy Trucks, posted sales gains on a year-over-year basis.
- Of all Ford crossovers, only the Explorer and Expedition posted sales gains on a year-over-year basis; sales of the Escape, Edge, and Flex were down.
- With 6,803 vehicles sold in April, Lincoln sales were off 11 percent against a strong year-ago comparison. Year-to-date, Lincoln sales are up 21 percent, and the new MKC compact crossover is coming this summer.
April 2014 - USA - Ford Brand
|MODEL||YOY MONTHLY CHANGE||APR 2014||APR 2013||YOY YTD CHANGE||YTD 2014||YTD 2013|
|POLICE INTERCEPTOR SEDAN||-8.58||1,066||1,166||-7.53||3,351||3,624|
|POLICE INTERCEPTOR UTILITY||+49.68||1,850||1,236||+46.67||5,550||3,784|
April 2014 - USA - Lincoln
|MODEL||YOY MONTHLY CHANGE||APR 2014||APR 2014||YOY YTD CHANGE||YTD 2014||YTD 2013|
April 2014 - USA - FoMoCo
|BRAND||YOY MONTHLY CHANGE||APR 2014||APR 2013||YOY YTD CHANGE||YTD 2014||YTD 2013|