Subaru dealers delivered 40,083 vehicles in the U.S. in April 2014, a 22 percent year-over-year increase over the 32,943 units sold in April of the year prior. The results mark the best-ever April sales for Subaru in the United States.
“We continue to attract more and more first time owners to the brand,” said H. William Cyphers, senior vice president of sales, Subaru of America, Inc. “Demand for Subaru product has never been higher, and I thank our retailers for efficiently managing their vehicle inventories. We are on track for another record year!”
April sales highlights (vs. April 2013):
- Best April ever for Forester, Outback, XV Crosstrek, BRZ
- Year-to-date sales for Subaru total 152,471 — a 22 percent increase over the same period in 2013
- 29 consecutive months with year-over-year growth, on its way to its sixth successive annual sales record
- All-time WRX/STI record
- Fourth month that Subaru brand sales exceed 40,000 sales
- Forester now marks nine consecutive months of more than 10,000 sales
- Year-to-date, the Forester model increased sales 54 percent over the same period in 2013. Sales of XV Crosstrek crossover were also notably strong with 15,143 vehicles reported sold year-to-date.
“Demand for the Forester has been incredibly strong,” said Thomas J. Doll, president and chief operating officer, Subaru of America, Inc. “We are looking forward to the all-new Legacy and Outback models arriving into our retailers this summer to even further boost consumer interest in Subaru models.”
April 2014 - USA - Subaru
|MODEL||YOY MONTHLY CHANGE||APR 2014||APR 2013||YOY YTD CHANGE||YTD 2014||YTD 2013|
* Includes 107 Tribeca sales for the month and 460 YTD. ** includes Hybrid sales of 711.