Volkswagen dealers in the United States reported deliveries of 30,831 units in April 2014 — an 8 percent decrease compared to April of last year.
“April was a strong month for TDI Clean Diesels and we are thrilled to see more consumers lured by the fuel economy and range benefits these engines provide, said Mark McNabb, chief operating officer, Volkswagen of America. “As we move through the year we are looking forward to the introduction of even more fuel efficient Clean Diesel engines, and importantly, the launch of the all-new Golf coming this summer.”
April sales highlights (vs. April 2013):
- Total Jetta deliveries for April, including SportWagen, accounted for 12,934 units. The 2015 model year Jetta will arrive in showrooms later this year. Jetta sedan accounted for 10,858 deliveries for the month.
- The Chattanooga-built Passat totaled 9,315 units delivered for the month. In April the Passat TDI, the only clean diesel in the midsize sedan segment, delivered 3,923 clean diesels or 42.1 percent of total Passat sales, marking the best April ever for Passat TDI Clean Diesel.
- Tiguan delivered 1,998 units for the month
- High-mileage, TDI Clean Diesel models accounted for 30.6 percent of sales in April, marking the best April for TDI vehicles on record
- As Volkswagen prepares for the launch of the all-new family of Golf vehicles, sales of the current generation were 1,798 units. The much anticipated, all-new 2015 model Golf and GTI will go on sale later this summer.
- An all-new new VW.com was launched today, allowing consumers to embark on their new vehicle shopping experience through an all-new webiste. Drawing inspiration from the online dating and e-commerce sites that provide such high customer satisfaction, Volkswagen is confident that the all-new VW.com will make the VW buying experience as pleasurable as the VW driving experience.
April 2014 - USA - Volkswagen
|MODEL||YOY MONTHLY CHANGE %||APR 2014||APR 2013||YOY YTD CHANGE %||YTD 2014||YTD 2013|
|TOTAL GOLF/GTI/GOLF R||-31.03||1,798||2,607||-35.78||7,148||11,130|