Audi reported May 2014 sales of 16,601 vehicles in the United States, up 25.5 percent on a year-over-year basis.
The results represent the best May in the United States for the brand in history, while being the second-best month ever and the 41st consecutive month of record sales. May only trailed the all-time record monthly sales mark that Audi set in December 2013 of 17,013 vehicles sold. Year-to-date, sales have increased 11.4 percent to 67,482 vehicles.
“Within a few weeks of its launch, the all-new A3 sedan has established itself as a core contributor to the Audi U.S. success story,” said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “Sales strength was seen throughout our lineup with our most exclusive models continuing to represent one-third of overall Audi demand.”
Having gone on sale in the spring, the all-new A3 compact sedan has become a runaway success for Audi, selling 2,261 units in May. Meanwhile, combined sales of the range-topping A6, A7, A8, and Q7 models represent 46 percent of the overall Audi year-to-date sales gain, making up 33.4 percent of all Audi U.S. sales.
May 2014 sales highlights (vs. May 2013, unless otherwise noted):
- Sales mix for Audi S performance variants finished the month at 16.9 percent for the S4 sedan; 36.7 percent for the S5/RS5; 5.8 percent for the S6; 28.8 percent for the S7/RS7; 12.0 percent for the S8; 22.8 percent for the TTS and TTS Roadster, and 8.6 percent for the SQ5 crossover/
- Sales of Audi A6 increased 21.7 percent; YTD sales grew 20.8 percent compared to the previous period
- Sales of Audi A7 increased 22.8 percent compared to May 2013; YTD sales grew 10.3 percent compared to the previous period
- Sales of the Audi Q5 increased 13.5 percent compared to May 2013; YTD sales grew 7.3 percent compared to the previous period
- Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 14.7 percent compared to May 2013; YTD sales grew 30.9 percent compared to the previous period
- May sales mix for Audi TDI models were as follows: Audi A6 TDI at 17.3 percent on 373 vehicles sold; Audi A7 TDI at 11.5 percent on 99 vehicles; A8 TDI at 18.1 percent on 78 vehicles; Audi Q5 TDI at 16.4 percent on 629 vehicles, and for the Audi Q7 TDI at 28.0 percent on 408 vehicles. Overall, the mix of TDI Audi vehicles sold in May was 18.2 percent on 1,587 units.
- Audi Certified pre-owned sales increased 19.8 percent to 4,162 vehicles in May; YTD CPO sales rose 15.2 percent to 18,178 vehicles sold.
- Having gone on sale this spring, the 2015 Audi A3 sedan has so far sold 5,283 units since its launch
- Audi holds the longest running monthly record sales streak in the premium car market according to a completive sales report from MotorIntelligence.com.
May 2014 - USA - Audi
|MODEL||YOY MONTHLY CHANGE||MAY 2014||MAY 2013||YOY YTD CHANGE||YTD 2014||YTD 2013|