Volkswagen dealers in the United States delivered 35,181 VWs during the month of August 2014, representing a 13 percent year-over-year decrease.
Only the Golf and Golf GTI posted increases in VW sales, with the other vehicles in the lineup posting a decrease.
“This summer we made some significant product introductions with the rollout of the all-new Golf family featuring more fuel efficient engines, improved versatility and safety along with an array of new technologies,” said Mark McNabb, chief operating officer, Volkswagen of America. “With the updated 2015 Jetta hitting dealer showrooms this month, offering more driver assistance features and a NHTSA five-star rating, we are confident our refreshed lineup will spark more consumer demand for the brand.”
August sales highlights (vs. August 2013):
- The all-new Golf delivered 1,773 units for the month, marking a 17.3 percent increase in sales
- The Golf GTI delivered 2,026 units, a 46.7 percent increase
- The Chattanooga-built Passat delivered 9,190 units for the month, down 9.85 percent; Passat TDI sales were 2,767, representing 30.1 percent of sales of the vehicle
- Jetta sedan accounted for 13,406 sales for the month, down 5.64 percent. The refreshed 2015 Jetta will land in showrooms in September
- Tiguan accounted for 2,151 sales for the month, down a heavy 27 percent
- Touareg accounted for 686 sales for the month, down 2.7 percent
- TDI Clean Diesel models accounted for 8,182 sales, representing 23.3 percent of VW’s total August sales. Year-to-date, TDI sales come in at 57,384, representing 23.4 percent of sales
August 2014 - USA - Volkswagen
|MODEL||YOY MONTHLY CHANGE||AUGUST 2014||AUGUST 2013||YOY YTD CHANGE||YTD 2014||YTD 2013|
|TOTAL GOLF/GTI/GOLF R||+26.21||3,799||3,010||-21.13||17,714||22,460|