Audi dealers in the United States delivered 14,917 vehicles during the month of September 2014, an increase of 14.2 percent on a year-over-year basis. The results represent the 45th consecutive month of record monthly sales for the brand in the U.S., with Audi holding the longest running monthly sales streak in the premium car market according to a competitive sales report from MotorIntelligence.com.
In fact, the September sales results are the best-ever for the month. The previous September record was set in 2013 with sales of 13,065 vehicles. September 2014 record sales follow best-ever sales in the history of Audi of America, which took place in August.
“Building on the popularity and robust sales performance of the Q5 and Q7, the successful launch of the new Q3 crossover offers Audi customers another great option to meet their needs,” said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. “The demand for this new product – as well as the entire A-segment family – indicates that the market will continue to support our strong sales momentum.”
September sales highlights (vs. September 2013, unless otherwise noted):
- September 2014 brought 2,340 A3 sales to solidify the standing of these compact premium models among the top three of the brand’s best sellers. The 2015 Audi A3 models, including new sedan and Cabriolet body styles, have generated sales of 14,669 units since the first units of the family line reached U.S. shores in the spring.
- Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (Audi A6, Audi A7, Audi A8, and Audi Q7) increased 9 percent year-to-date, representing 31.1 percent of total Audi sales year-to-date and 21 percent of the Audi year-to-date sales gain. The most exclusive C- and D- segment models continued to represent nearly one-third of overall Audi sales.
- Sales mix for Audi S performance variants finished the month as follows:
- 12.2 percent for the S4 sedan
- 30.9 percent for the S5/ RS 5
- 4.6 percent for the S6
- 20.4 percent for the S7 / RS 7
- 11.1 percent for the S8
- 38.1 percent for the TTS and TTS Roadster
- 6.3 percent for the SQ5 crossover
- Audi TDI models made up 12 percent, or 1,113 units, of total September sales. Sales mix is as follows:
- 7.3 percent for the A3 TDI
- 9.1 percent for the A6 TDI
- 10.9 percent for the A7 TDI
- 7.6 percent for the A8 TDI
- 14.0 percent for the Q5 TDI
- 19.7 percent for the Q7 TDI
- Through the first nine months of 2014, the Audi brand sold nearly as many vehicles in the U.S. as it did over a full year in 2012, which was 139,310 units.
- Year-to-date 2014 Audi U.S. sales have increased to 130,983 vehicles, a 14.5 percent gain from the same period in 2013.
- September represented steady demand for Audi’s Q5 and Q7 SUVs. For the January-September period:
- Q5 sales rose 5.3 percent
- Q7 sales increased 21.7 percent
- The September debut of the all-new Audi Q3 yielded 1,092 sales.
- September is the 14th consecutive month of record sales for Audi Certified pre-owned. This month marked an increase of 29.6 percent and a total of 3,866 CPO vehicles sold; CPO sales year-to-date increased 18.8 percent.
September 2014 - USA - Audi
|MODEL||YOY MONTHLY CHANGE||SEPTEMBER 2014||SEPTEMBER 2013||YOY YTD CHANGE||YTD 2014||YTD 2013|