The 2015 A8/S8 sedans are receiving various updates that represent the mid-cycle refresh of the third-generation model.
Specifically, the changes include an updated exterior design that communicates a more dynamic, wider stance as well as more power, new technology, features, and equipment, including:
- Active lane assist: uses a front-mounted camera to detect lane markings and can assist the driver by helping steer the vehicle back into its lane
- Night vision assistant: now offers animal detection that can help alert the driver to deer and other animals that are hard to see in the night
- Secondary collision assist: automatically applies the brakes after an initial collision
- Head-up display: enables easier viewing of vehicle speed, navigation and adaptive cruise control functions
In addition, A8 models equipped with the optional 4.0T (twin-turbo) V8 engine makes 435 horsepower, up from the 420 horses seen in the 2014 A8. Other mechanical improvements include:
- A new electromechanical steering column: helps reduce weight and improve fuel efficiency
- Dynamic steering: available as part of the Sport package, provides variable-ratio steering that increases responsiveness and assist based on speed and steering input
Meanwhile, the 2015 S8 becomes even sportier with an updated exterior design with larger air intakes in the lower bumper and an available new sport exhaust with wide oval quad tailpipe, enabling passengers to audibly experience the 520-horsepower twin-turbo V8. Inside of the 2015 S8 is a newly-available Vermont Brown leather appointed interior and carbon twill copper inlays.