With the big unveiling of the 2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang in Los Angeles last month, Ford fans finally received their first super Mustang since it was redesigned for the 2015 model year. But what if you are the impatient sort and can’t wait for the GT350 to begin arriving at dealerships? Then eBay… well, Hennessey, has your answer.
The supercharged 2015 Mustang Hennessey HPE700 starts life as a Mustang GT with the Ford 5.0-liter Coyote V8 motor. But thanks to all kinds of HPE upgrades, the pony puts out 717 horsepower — about 200 more than what the GT350 will have. For $74,950, it also includes the following:
- 2.9 Liter Supercharger System
- HPE Air Induction System
- Upgraded Fuel Injectors
- Upgraded Fuel Pump
- All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
- Professional Installation
- HPE Engine Management Calibration
- Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
- Hennessey Exterior Badging
- HPE700 Exterior Badging
- Supercharged Exterior Badging
- Hennessey Premium Floormats
- Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
- Hennessey CarbonAero Front Splitter
- Hennessey CarbonAero Side Sills
- Hennessey CarbonAero Rear Lip Spoiler
- Hennessey H10 Lightweight 20-inch wheels on factory tires
- Stainless Steel Exhaust System
- 3 Year / 36,000 Mile Limited Warranty
Though the Hennessey is likely about 20 grand more than the GT350, keep in mind that it will also be more exclusive compared to the mass-produced Mustang Shelby GT350. And while the GT350’s official performance numbers have yet to be released, Hennessey claims that the HPE700 will sprint from zero to 60 mph in a brisk 3.6 seconds to a ¼ mile time of 11.2 @ 131 mph, which is about 0.8 and 1.6 seconds faster, respectively, than the Mustang GT.
This Hennessey HPE700 will be ready by January 2015, which is certainly worth the wait.