In November, Ford‘s design department kicked off its “Snowman Challenge” with simple instructions for nine teams: take three pieces of Styrofoam and create something that reflects the spirit of the holiday.
The submissions included:
- From Ford’s color and materials studio came a snowman featuring paint domes as vest, twigs textured with sparkling crystals for arms, and a basket-weave top hat.
- A KISS-inspired heavy metal snowman showed that it’s as tough as Ford trucks.
- The team behind most Ford vehicle animations designed a quasi-steampunk snowman using technology features like a camera-lens eyes.
- The business office created a s’mores-inspired snowman.
- The Ford team responsible for interiors presented a sled-bound trio of snowmen, complete with a tablet using GPS to guide the way.
- Ford’s design quality, color management and design business marketing teams created the the beach-bound retiree snowman.
- Ford’s team responsible for building prototypes built a lit-from-within, gravity-defying, snowboard-riding snowman complete with Alcantara scarf and stitched top hat.
Three of the Ford snowmen will be delivered to two Michigan orphanages and a senior citizens home and remaining six will be housed at Ford design studios. Pretty neat, wouldn’t you say?