Ford Motor Company is continuing its One Ford transformation plan at wide open throttle, and the latest market to feel its effects is Australia. While locals are lamenting the departure of Ford’s Australian manufacturing operations, there’s still plenty to be excited about. For instance, the all-new Mustang is set to launch in Australia in 2015 and just last week, the City of Sydney announced that Ford and its all-new Mustang will be an associate partner for the 2014 Sydney New Year’s Eve.
“We are sending a message that Ford has an exciting future in Australia with a great line-up of new vehicles, including the re-introduction of Mustang, which is going global after 50 years as America’s greatest motoring icon,” said Ford of Australia President and CEO Bob Graziano. We could not take the all-new Mustang any higher, so now we will give the world a view never seen from a car of Sydney’s spectacular New Year’s Eve fireworks.”
The public will catch a glimpse of the 2015 Mustang on December 31st as part of Sydney’s New Year’s Eve 2014, which will be attended by 1.6 million people and likely viewed by more than a billion globally. The pony car is one of Ford’s many new products as it refreshes its entire line-up by 2017 in Australia. In addition to the new Mustang, five other vehicles are part of Ford’s revised lineup in the land of Oz, including:
- 2015 Ford Mondeo: a stylish and technologically-advanced Mondeo mid-size sedan arrives early in 2015, including a diesel model that will be more fuel efficient than the Camry Hybrid.
- 2015 Ford Kuga: the Kuga will be freshened early in 2015 with a new EcoBoost engine.
- 2015 Ford Focus: arriving mid-2015, the refreshed Focus will also include an upgraded Focus ST performance model.
- Ford Everest: the Australian-designed and -engineered Everest is a seven-seat SUV that twill be launched sometime next year.
- 2015 Ford Ranger: a freshened version of the Aussie Ranger will arrive in 2015.
“The theme for 2014 Sydney New Year’s Eve is ‘Inspire,’ which is a perfect fit for the future of our brand – especially with the arrival of Mustang as people see the car as a way to explore their dreams and the freedom of the open road,” added Graziano. “Sydney is one of the first major city to ring in the New Year so we want to help the city make the event even more memorable.”
Ford is also giving Aussies the chance to enter to win tickets to the exclusive event. Starting December 11th, fans are invited to head to the Ford Australia Facebook page and share their most adventurous New Year’s resolutions by uploading a photo on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter using the hashtag #FordNYE to win.