Ford Motor Company is recalling two Ford models and one Lincoln model over an issue with the interior door handle.
The problem: in affected vehicles, the spring that controls the interior door handles may become unseated, allowing the door to become unlatched in a side-impact crash, increasing the risk of injury.
Ford is not aware of any accidents or injuries related to this condition.
- Certain 2010-2013 Ford Taurus vehicles built December 1, 2009 to July 31, 2010 and February 1, 2011 to November 30, 2012 at Chicago Assembly Plant
- Certain 2010-2013 Lincoln MKS vehicles built June 2, 2011 to October 31, 2011 at Chicago Assembly Plant
- Certain 2010-2013 Ford Police Interceptor sedans built December 1, 2009 to July 31, 2010 and February 1, 2011 to November 30, 2012 at Chicago Assembly Plant
Number of vehicles affected: 204,945 vehicles in North America, including:
- 194,889 in the United States and federalized territories
- 9,948 in Canada
- 108 in Mexico
The fix: Ford will notify owners of the recall and dealers will inspect all four interior door handle assemblies and repair or replace the handles as necessary at no cost to the customer of charge to the customer.
- Ford customer service: 1-800-392-3673
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Vehicle Safety Hotline: 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or to www.safercar.gov