Those looking to upgrade the exhaust system of their 2015 Mustang with the turbo-charged 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine now have the ability to do so thanks to Livernois Motorsports‘ Thunderstorm line of Mustang EcoBoost exhaust systems. Offering “unmatched American quality”, Livernois offers several versions of downpipes and exhausts for various uses, from the “stealthy daily driver” to the “all-out race car.”
There are three different stages, including:
- Thunderstorm Stage 1 includes a high flow 304SS downpipe either in catted or “off-road race” configurations to use with the factory cat-back system.
- Thunderstorm Stage 2 includes the choice of catted or “off-road race” downpipe from Stage 1 plus Livernois’ performance mid-section, which increases the size of the mid-section pipe while eliminating the factory resonator.
- Thunderstorm Stage 3 expands upon the Stage 2 upgrade by including the Thunderstorm rear section, allowing the entire exhaust system to have increased diameter piping.
Any of the above stages can be combined with Livernois’ optional quick-change race dump, which eliminates all of the weight and performance-robbing restrictions of a cat-back exhaust system and leaves you with a true three-inch race system that unlocks the maximum performance potential of the 2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost.
All three exhaust systems have the following characteristics:
- Designed and manufactured exclusively for Livernois Motorsports
- Dyno-tested for maximum performance
- Excellent fitment
- High-flow race cats available
- Constructed of US T304 stainless steel
- Direct bolt-on upgrade
- Reduces backpressure
- Compatible with Livernois Motorsports-developed calibration
- Made in the USA
Livernois Motorsports will be at the Detroit Autorama in March, but if you’re hot for some EcoBoost mods now, you can reach them at their website.