In an effort to get consumers to test drive Ford vehicles, including back-to-back drives with competitor vehicles, Ford will kick off the EcoBoost Challenge on Saturday, March 7th at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium. For the uninitiated, the EcoBoost Challenge is Ford’s test drive tour that allows fans across seventeen cities to get behind the wheel of their favorite new EcoBoost-powered Ford vehicle.
With over 28,000 attendees taken part in the 2014 EcoBoost Challenge, 2015 marks the third installment of the event, but brings with it an extra “fun factor”. This time around, Ford is giving drivers a chance to show off their driving skills in the ST Time Reaction Challenge in either the Fiesta ST or Focus ST — an event that we expect will turn out to be a blast. There will also be a dedicated course for the Mustang EcoBoost, as well as a “Street Drive” that will highlight Ford’s innovative park assist technologies.
Those intimidated by the thought of having to use a manual transmission for the EcoBoost Challenge shenanigans are in luck, since the 2015 EcoBoost Challenge will also feature “ShiftPhobia” boot camp, giving consumers a hands-on clinic on the basics of driving a manual – complete with on-course driving instruction from a professional driver.
If the fun hands-on activities aren’t enough to have you riled up, take a look at the following vehicle line-up that will be on hand for 2015 EcoBoost Challenge participants:
- 2015 Ford F-150
- 2015 Ford Mustang
- 2015 Ford Edge
- 2015 Ford Expedition
- 2015 Ford Escape
- 2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid
- 2015 Ford Transit Connect Wagon
“With EcoBoost engines now available across 100 percent of our U.S. light-duty lineup, the EcoBoost Challenge lets consumers experience this innovative technology that helps Ford deliver better fuel economy with a more engaging driving experience than the competition,” said Michele Bartlett, Ford group marketing manager for large cars and SUVs. “Not only is the EcoBoost Challenge a lot of fun, but getting people in the driver’s seat is the best way for them to experience the craftsmanship, innovation and performance of the Ford lineup.”
If you’re as excited about the events as we are, find out more and pre-register (yes, you have to) at the EcoBoost Challenge website. But hurry, since space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
With events opening 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. in most markets, the 2015 Ford EcoBoost Challenge locations and dates are as follows:
- Miami: Sun Life Stadium, March 7
- Los Angeles: Santa Anita Park, March 14
- Dallas: AT&T Stadium, March 21
- Washington, D.C.: FedEx Field, March 28
- Houston: NRG Park, April 18
- Louisville, Kentucky: Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium, April 25
- Phoenix: WestWorld, May 2
- Concord, North Carolina: Charlotte Motor Speedway, May 2
- Seattle: Emerald Downs, May 9
- Chicago: Arlington Park, May 9
- Cincinnati: Forest Fair Village Mall, May 30
- Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh International Race Complex, May 30
- Orlando, Florida: Orange County Convention Center, June 6
- Philadelphia: Wells Fargo Center, June 6
- San Francisco: Oakland Alameda Coliseum, June 13
- Rochester, New York: Monroe Community College, June 13
- Minneapolis: Mall of America, June 20