Canadian Ford and Lincoln dealers delivered 27,315 new vehicles in April 2015, a drop of 0.1 percent compared to April 2014.
The automaker lost ground in cars, which were down 21.1 percent to 5,864 units on a year-over-year basis, but gained in trucks, which were up 7.7 percent to 21,451 units.
The big winners for the month were crossover, which posted a 56 percent year-over-year up. Specifically, the all-new 2015 Ford Edge experienced a 65 percent sales jump while sales of the Ford Escape grew four percent. The results represent the best April sales performance in history for each vehicle.
“We are so proud of the all-new Canadian-built Ford Edge and the positive reaction from our customers as they begin to see the newly designed vehicle for the first time in showrooms across the country,” said Dianne Craig, president and CEO, Ford of Canada. “We expect solid growth from the Edge, as well as all the new products we have been launching, as they become more available.”
In addition, the Ford Explorer and Expedition saw sales rise 13 percent and 94 percent, respectively. Ford Mustang sales, meanwhile, grew 68 percent and Ford Taurus was up 19 percent.
Total Lincoln sales were up 14 percent, with the MKS, MKT, and Navigator growing 94, 94 and 132 percent, respectively.
“Lincoln sales continue to grow,” said Craig. “Lincoln sales year-to-date prove that we continue to deliver product excellence and drive innovation in every part of the business.”
April 2015 highlights (vs. April 2014, except as noted):
- Ford Motor Company:
- Total sales down 0.1 percent to 0.1 percent
- Total truck sales up 7.7 percent to 21,451 units, with total CUV sales up 56 percent
- Total car sales down 21.1 percent to 5,864 units
- Ford brand:
- Ford Mustang sales up 68 percent
- Ford Taurus sales up 19 percent
- Ford Transit Connect sales up 67 percent
- Ford Escape sales up 4 percent for its best April on record
- Ford Edge sales up 65 percent for the best April on record
- Ford Flex sales up 4 percent
- Ford Explorer sales up 13 percent
- Ford Expedition sales up 94 percent
- Lincoln brand sales were up 14 percent:
- Lincoln MKS sales up 94 percent
- Lincoln MKT sales up 94 percent
- Lincoln Navigator sales up 132 percent
Sales Results - FoMoCo - April 2015 - Canada
|VEHICLE TYPE||APR 2015 / APR 2014||APRIL 2015||APRIL 2014||YTD 2015 / YTD 2014||YTD 2015||YTD 2014|