Volkswagen has announced plans to bring its Car-Net app to the Apple Watch, enabling users to remotely control a host of features and functions of their Volkswagen vehicle directly from their wrist, alongside the previously-available Car-Net mobile app and Customer Web Portal.
Car-Net on Apple Watch will enable users to remotely:
- Lock and unlock doors
- View the status of doors, windows and sun roof (open or closed)
- Find a parked vehicle using a map of the current vehicle location and getting walking or driving directions to the vehicle
- Honk the horn and flash the lights remotely
- Check fuel level (gasoline and TDI diesel engines)
- Check current charge and estimated driving range (e-Golf only)
- Turn charging on or off and access climate control features (e-Golf only)
- Receive speed and boundary alert notifications to monitor certain drivers in their households
Though Volkswagen hasn’t specified a time frame for when Car-Net will become available on Apple Watch, it has said that the app will be available globally on all vehicles with VW Car-Net, and will be downloadable from the App Store for Apple Watch, which is found in the Apple Watch app on iPhone.
To note, VW Car-Net is available on select trim levels of 2014 and later Beetle, CC, Eos, Jetta, Passat and Tiguan models and on all trim levels of 2015 and later Golf, Golf GTI, Golf R, Golf SportWagen and e-Golf models.