U.S. Audi dealers delivered 18,428 new vehicles in May 2015, an 11 percent increase compared to May 2014.
The results represent the luxury brand’s 53rd consecutive month of record U.S. sales, its second-best month since it entered the U.S. market in 1970, and the best May ever. By comparison, Audi set its previous May sales record in 2014 with sales of 16,601 vehicles, and had its best month in the U.S. market in December 2014, with sales of 19,238 cars and SUVs.
“A year after launching the new A3 models, we are seeing payoff from our bold decision to reimagine a key component of the Audi lineup and take advantage of a luxury car segment poised to take off,” said Scott Keogh, President, Audi of America. “The record sales for the A3 and S3 sedans, along with the A3 Cabriolet, show this was a risk well worth taking. And we aren’t done yet with the all-new A3 Sportback e-tron coming this fall as the first plug-in Audi.”
A key driver of Audi sales gains for the month was the significant increase in demand for the A3 and S3 models that form the base of the Audi product lineup.
May 2015 notes (vs. May 2014, except as noted):
- A3 family up 54.5 percent to 3,493 units, the best month on record. Combined, the 3,493 units of the A3 and S3 trailed only the 4,280 units of the popular Audi Q5 and SQ5 crossovers in Audi’s May 2015 sales results.
- A3 and S3 sedan models accounted for 3,035 sales
- A3 Cabriolet accounted for 458 sales
- Audi SUVs up a cumulative 36.7 percent:
- Q3 accounted for 1,128 sales
- Q5 family up 11.5 percent to 4,280 units
- Q7 up 25.2 percent to 1,823 units
- R8 up 40.3 percent to 73 units
- Sales of all other Audi models were down on a year-over-year basis
- Through the first five months of 2015, Audi U.S. sales rose 11.7 percent to 75,353 vehicles
- Audi Certified pre-owned vehicle sales also achieved their second-highest total for any month as well as the best May ever, posting a 5.8 percent gain on 4,405 CPO vehicles sold. Year-to-date, Audi CPO sales increased 8.3 percent through the first five months of 2015
- Audi continues to hold the longest running monthly record sales streak in the premium car market, according to a competitive sales report from MotorIntelligence.com
Sales Results - May 2015 - USA - Audi
|MODEL||MAY 2015 / MAY 2014||MAY 2015||MAY 2014||YTD 2015 / YTD 2014||YTD 2015||YTD 2014|
About The Charts
- A3 includes A3 Sedan, S3 Sedan and A3 Cabriolet
- A4 includes A4 Sedan and S4 Sedan, but does not include Audi allroad
- A5 includes A5 Coupe, S5 Coupe, RS 5 Coupe, A5 Cabriolet, S5 Cabriolet and RS 5 Cabriolet
- A6 includes A6 Sedan and S6 Sedan
- A7 includes A7 Sedan, S7 Sedan and RS 7 Sedan
- A8 includes A8 Sedan, A8 L Sedan and S8 Sedan
- Q5 includes Q5 and SQ5
- R8 includes R8 Coupe and R8 Spyder
- TT includes TT Coupe, TTS Coupe, TT Roadster and TTS Roadster