The all-new, Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class crossover will be unveiled in just a few hours on June 17th. Before Mercedes tells us all about it, we put our heads together to see what we knew about the new compact-luxury CUV.
So, the Mercedes-Benz GLC Crossover will:
- Replace the GLK-Class, thereby aligning the GLC with the C-Class lineup
- Share Mercedes-Benz’s new corporate vehicle architecture while being closely related to the all-new C-Class
- “Retain its predecessor’s outstanding off-road characteristics” while combining them with an all-new design
- Introduce a multi-chamber air suspension called Air Body Control, which will be unique to the segment
- Continue to feature the 4MATIC permanent all-wheel drive system
- Be 19 percent more fuel efficient than the GLK it replaces
- Offer a range of gasoline and diesel engines, including turbo fours and sixes
- Possibly offer a high-performance AMG variant
- Have a more expensive and coupe-like sibling in the GLC Coupe
Stay tuned to Motrolix as the brand with the silver star unveils the GLC in the hours ahead.