Bentley Motors will have thrown both history and convention to the wind when it releases the Bentley Bentayga SUV – the first non-car product ever planned by the British luxury performance marque. Though the automaker has yet to officially reveal the offroad-capable vehicle to the public, through Motor Trend, we have learned some interesting facts and figures regarding the development and production of the 2017 Bentley Bentayga.
- The Bentley Bentayga will launch with three available wheel sizes: 20-inch, 21-inch, and 22-inch.
- $5 million was spent on tooling for the new SUV’s headlights.
- The average Bentley owner has seven other cars besides.
- No fewer than twelve bulls from southern Germany must perish in order to trim each Bentley Bentayga interior.
- Bentley’s drive mode selector on the Bentayga will control 19 discrete variables.
- 34 percent of all Bentley owners already have an SUV.
- The average predicted age of the future Bentley Bentayga owner in China is just 35 years old.
- The average predicted age for future Bentayga owners everywhere else: 50 years old.
- The Bentley Bentayga will require an astonishing 90 ECUs (Electronic Control Units)
- Each Bentley Bentayga will take 150 hours to assemble.
- 270 torque tightenings are required when building each Bentayga W12 engine.
- Production of the Bentayga has created 400 new jobs at the marque’s plant in Crewe, UK.
- Design, development, engineering, and manufacture costs to bring the Bentley Bentayga to production total $786. Hundred. Million.
- 1,000 engineers worked on the Bentley SUV program.
- 3,500 parts in the Bentley Bentayga are sourced from suppliers.
The Bentayga SUV is a truly staggering vehicle from the numbers alone. We hope the finished product is well worth the cost of entry.