A few weeks ago, Ford announced plans to build a special run of 2015 Mustangs to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the pony car. Of the 1,964 units of the vehicle planned for production, one will be a one-off convertible model equipped with the performance package will be raffled, and proceeds will go to support the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
“We’re thrilled to be able to work with and help The National MS Society again,” said Ford group vice president of global product development, Raj Nair. “As pleased as we are to be able to help financially with the Society’s No Opportunity Wasted research project, we also feel it’s important to help raise greater awareness of this terrific program. That we’re creating one – and only one – Mustang GT 50 Years convertible for the Society shows how much we respect and support their efforts.”
This will be the only 2015 Mustang convertible built with a special performance pack that includes 19-inch Pirelli P-Zero summer tires, Brembo six-piston painted front brake calipers and a limited-slip differential. The 50th Anniversary package also includes the following:
- Wimbledon White exterior paint (blue is also available on fastbacks)
- Chrome-accented grille with corralled pony emblem
- Chrome accents around the tri-bar taillamp lenses
- Axle spin-finish aluminum instrument panel trim
- Rear decklid badge with “GT 50 Years” identification
- Two-tone cashmere and black leather seats
- Contrasting cashmere stitching on instrument panel, steering wheel, shift boot, door inserts and seats
- Loop-carpet floor mats with cashmere stitching and suede binding
- 19-inch Y-spoke wheels inspired by the chrome steel wheels offered on original Mustang
- Owner’s guide in a leather portfolio with “50 Years” badge on the outside
This special one-of-one model also includes a badge on the instrument panel with an engraving signed by Ford Motor Company Executive Chairman Bill Ford, while serial number 0001 of 0001 adds even more “special” to the vehicle.
Raffle tickets are on sale now for $20 each and can be purchased through the Michigan Chapter of the National MS Society or the Ford Motor Company while supplies last. Ticket requests can be placed online anytime at www.ford4ms.com or by phone at 800.243.5767 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. EDT Monday through Friday.