U.S. Volkswagen dealers delivered 25,996 new vehicles in September 2014, a decrease of 18.56 percent compared to September 2013.
Despite the excitement surrounding the new Golf and Golf GTI, sales of every single VW model were down on a year-over-year basis, with only the new Golf and Golf GTI posting increases in sales.
“The accolades keep rolling in for the all-new 2015 Golf and Golf GTI and we’re thrilled to see the excitement make its way into showrooms as well,” said Mark McNabb, chief operating officer, Volkswagen of America.
September 2014 sales highlights (vs. September 2013, unless otherwise noted):
- The refreshed 2015 Jetta began arriving across showrooms in late September, with the Jetta sedan selling 8,980 units — down 21.6 percent on a year-over-year basis
- The all-new, seventh generation Golf posted 93 percent year-over-year increase to 1,887 units sold
- The all-new Golf GTI sold 1,600 units, up 47.6 percent
- Deliveries of the Chattanooga-built Passat totaled 7,280 units, down 7.85 percent year-over-year
- The only diesel-powered midsize sedan, the Passat TDI delivered 1,720 sales, making up 23.6 percent of the total Passat volume
- Tiguan sales were down 30 percent to 1,674 units
- Touareg sales were down 1.82 percent to 646 units
- So far in 2014, VW sales have slipped every month
September 2014 - USA - Volkswagen
|MODEL||YOY MONTHLY CHANGE||SEPTEMBE 2014||SEPTEMBER 2013||YOY YTD CHANGE||YTD 2014||YTD 2013|
|TOTAL GOLF/GTI/GOLF R||+63.94||3,487||2,127||-13.77||21,201||24,587|