Audi dealers delivered 19,238 new Audi vehicles in the Untied States in December 2014, up 13 percent from December 2013.
The results represented the 48th consecutive month of record monthly sales for the brand as well as the best-ever December sales in Audi’s history in the U.S. The previous December record was set in 2013 with sales of 17,013 vehicles.
“These record-breaking sales results are a direct reflection of the commitment and dedication of our dealer partners,” said Scott Keogh, President, Audi of America. “Their recent investments into the Audi franchise total nearly $1 billion, and alongside the heavy investments in new products and technologies made by AUDI AG, the future is bright for Audi in the U.S.”
December 2014 sales highlights (vs. December 2013, except as noted):
- The 2015 Audi A3 models, including new sedan and Cabriolet variants, have generated total sales of 2,690 units in December and 22,250 units since the first of the family line models reached the U.S. in the spring.
- Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (Audi A6, Audi A7, Audi A8, and Audi Q7) increased 6 percent year-to-date, representing 31 percent of total Audi sales year-to-date and 14 percent of the Audi year-to-date sales gain.
- Meanwhile, the top end of the Audi lineup (A6, A7, A8, Q7) continued to perform well, with the most exclusive Audi models representing approximately one-third of overall Audi sales. In particular, the Audi A6 sales increased 9.6 percent for the month and 6.7 percent for the year.
- December sales mix for Audi S performance variants was as follows:
- 13.9 percent for the S3 sedan
- 15.6 percent for the S4 sedan
- 36.3 percent for the S5/ RS 5
- 2.1 percent for the S6
- 30.2 percent for the S7 / RS 7
- 9 percent for the S8
- 91.7 percent for the TTS Coupe and TTS Roadster
- 5.8 percent for the SQ5 crossover
- Sales of Audi SUV models remained robust through the end of the sales year:
- Audi Q3 posted 901 sales in December and year-to-date sales of 3,654 units since its launch at the tail end of the year
- Audi Q5 posted a 5 percent drop to 4,551 units in December and a year-to-date gain of 165 percent to 42,420 vehicles delivered in 2014
- Audi Q7 posted a 15 percent drop to 1,928 units in December and a year-to-date gain of 15.89 percent to 18,517 units
- Audi Certified pre-owned vehicles also increased to record levels for the month of December and for the full year. December 2014 marks the 17th consecutive month of record CPO sales, and it resulted in an increase of 8.1 percent and a total of 4,349 CPO vehicles sold. CPO sales in 2014 increased 17 percent to 47,023 vehicles.
- Audi holds the longest-running monthly record sales streak in the premium car market according to a competitive sales report from MotorIntelligence.com.
Sales Results - Audi - December 2014 - USA
|MODEL||DEC 2014 / DEC 2013||DECEMBER 2014||DECEMBER 2013||YTD 2014 / YTD 2013||YTD 2014||YTD 2013|
|TOTAL AUDI NEW||+13.08||19,238||17,013||+36.15||182,011||133,684|
|TOTAL AUDI CPO||+8.13||4,349||4,022||+17||47,023||40,190|
About The Numbers
- A3 includes A3 sedan, S3 sedan and A3 Cabriolet
- A4 includes A4 sedan and S4 sedan, but does not include Audi allroad
- A5 includes A5 coupe, S5 coupe, RS 5 coupe, A5 Cabriolet, S5 Cabriolet and RS 5 Cabriolet
- A6 includes A6 sedan and S6 sedan
- A7 includes A7 sedan, S7 sedan and RS 7 sedan
- A8 includes A8 sedan, A8 L sedan and S8 sedan
- Q5 includes Q5 and SQ5
- R8 includes R8 coupe and R8 Spyder
- TT includes TT coupe, TTS coupe, TT roadster and TTS roadster