U.S. Honda dealers delivered 137,551 new vehicles in May 2015, a 0.2 percent decrease compared to May 2014.
The star of the month was by far the Honda HR-V, which posted 6,381 sales.
“The new Honda HR-V hit the ground running with an incredible sales performance in just a half month on the market with the all-new 2016 Pilot coming to market this month to further accelerate light truck sales,” said Jeff Conrad, Honda Division senior vice president and general manager. “Despite the market trend toward light truck sales, our trio of Fit-Civic-Accord remains popular with individual buyers, and we’re looking forward to a summer of hot sales.”
May highlights (vs. May 2014, except as noted):
- Fit was up 81.9 percent to 6,342 units, its third consecutive month of over-6,000 unit sales
- HR-V accounted for 6,381 sales
- Pilot (second generation) was up 16.9 percent to 11,760 units, ahead of the introduction of the third-generation model
- Honda light trucks beat previous May record by 6,144 units for a total of 63,979 vehicles
- All other Honda models posted year-over-year sales drops
Sales Results - May 2015 - USA - Honda Automobiles
|MODEL||MAY 2015 / MAY 2014||MAY 2015||MAY 2014||YTD 2015 / YTD 2014||YTD 2015||YTD 2014|
|HONDA AUTOMOBILES TOTAL||-0.27%||137,551||137,928||+0.62%||547,044||543,668|