The Ford Mustang remained the best-selling pony car in the United States in April 2016, outselling both the Chevy Camaro and the Dodge Challenger. However, only the Camaro posted a year-over-year sales increase, while sales of the Mustang and Challenger slipped compared to April of last year.
Pony Car Sales Summary – April 2016 – United States
April 2016 sales of the three pony cars were as follows (vs. April 2015):
- Ford Mustang sales decreased 3.18 percent to 12,726 units
- Chevrolet Camaro sales increased 7.93 percent to 7,457 units
- Dodge Challenger sales decreased 5.3 percent to 6,412 units
As a group, the trio accounted for 26,595 sales, down 0.85 percent.
Pony Car Sales Summary – First Four Months Of 2016 – United States
For the first four months of 2016, sales of the three vehicles were as follows (vs. first four months of 2015):
- Ford Mustang sales decreased a slight 0.22 percent to 42,862 units
- Chevrolet Camaro sales increased 7.47 percent to 26,038 units
- Dodge Challenger sales decreased 1.22 percent to 22,451 units
As a group, the trio accounted for 91,351 sales, up 1.6 percent.
Sales Numbers - Camaro vs. Mustang vs. Challenger Deliveries - April 2016 - United States
|MODEL||APR 16 / APR 15||APRIL 16||APRIL 15||YTD 16 / YTD 15||YTD 16||YTD 15|
- Running Camaro vs Mustang vs Challenger sales numbers comparison
- General Motors April 2016 sales numbers
- Ford Motor Company April 2016 sales numbers
- FCA April 2016 sales numbers