The Toyota Tacoma remained the best-selling midsize pickup truck in the United States in April 2016, outselling all four of its closest rivals — the Chevrolet Colorado, GMC Canyon, Nissan Frontier, and Honda Ridgeline. However, sales of the Colorado, Frontier, and Canyon grew at higher rates than those of the Tacoma. In addition, the last remaining inventory of the last-generation Honda Ridgeline sold 1 unit during the month, as Honda prepares to launch the all-new 2017 Ridgeline.
Midsize Pickup Truck Sales Summary – April 2016 – United States
April 2016 sales of the midsize pickup trucks were as follows (vs. April 2015):
- Nissan Frontier sales increased 28.87 percent to 7,509 units
- Chevrolet Colroado sales increased 47.82 percent to 10,362 units
- Honda Ridgeline sales decreased 87.67 percent to 1 unit
- Toyota Tacoma sales increased 15.65 percent to 18,106 units
- GMC Canyon sales increased 24.42 percent to 3,026 units
The five midsize pickup trucks showed healthy segment growth, up 25.95 percent to a cumulative 39,004 deliveries during April. Combining April sales of the Colorado and Canyon gives General Motors 13,338 midsize pickup truck deliveries, just 4,718 behind the Toyota Tacoma.
Midsize Pickup Truck Sales Summary – First Four Months Of 2016 – United States
In the first four months of 2016, sales of the five midsize pickup trucks were as follows (vs. first four months of 2015):
- Nissan Frontier sales increased 15.95 percent to 28,904 units
- Chevrolet Colorado sales increased 26.19 percent to 32,982 units
- Honda Ridgeline sales decreased 99.57 percent to 2 units, as Honda prepares to launch the all-new 2017 Ridgeline
- Toyota Tacoma sales increased 13.3 percent to 62,682 units
- GMC Canyon sales increased 10.63 percent to 10,603 units
As a group, deliveries of the five midsize trucks grew 16.09 percent to 135,173 units during the month. Combining sales of the Colorado and Canyon for the first four months of the year gives General Motors 43,585 midsize pickup truck deliveries, 19,097 units fewer than those of the Toyota Tacoma.
Sales Numbers - Colorado vs. Canyon vs. Tacoma vs. Frontier vs. Ridgeline Deliveries - April 2016 - United States
|MODEL||APR 16 / APR 15||APRIL 16||APRIL 15||YTD 16 / YTD 15||YTD 16||YTD 15|
- Running Midsize Pickup Truck sales numbers comparison
- GM resources:
- Chevrolet Colorado resources:
- GMC Canyon resources: